Create a fusion dish for a chance to win $1,000 award
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: Innovative chefs, adventurous culinary students, and creative home cooks to produce a unique dish combining ingredients, techniques, or spices from at least two different continents/cultures for a chance to win cash awards up to $1,000. Contestants need to prepare 40 samples of their fusion dish for judges and VIP guests.
HOW TO APPLY: Fill out the application and good luck!
- Wednesday, May 1: Application Deadline
- Wednesday, June 5: Home cooks
- Thursday, May 6: Culinary students
- Monday, June 10: Working/Trained Chefs
- Tuesday, June 11: Working/Trained Chefs
- Saturday & Sunday, November 30 & December 1: FusionFest 7th Annual Festival
The Culinary Fusion Contest takes place at the beautiful Creative Village Campus in Valencia’s West Campus, Building 9 – Walt Disney World Center for Hospitality and Culinary Arts.
- Each contestant selected will receive $100 grocery money.
- Serving plates (bamboo) are provided.
- You must use the plates provided.
- Indicate if you will need a bowl and it will also be provided.
- Each contestant has their own stove, oven and cooking station (no fryers).
- You may bring one assistant with you, and other chefs will often pitch in to help when you need an extra hand with plating.
- You’ll be asked to explain your creative fusion and the heritages represented when your dish is served to the judges and audience.
- There are volunteers from the school which will serve the plates.
- Only seven (7) contestants each night.
- There will be approximately 10 judges and 30 audience members.
There is a $1,000 cash prize for each category. There is also a $200 Second Place Prize EACH NIGHT and a $100 Audience Choice Award each night.